I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Day -2 Be Brave


Kristen is 7 hours from finishing her LAST chemo. We are sooooo excited. I am NOT planning on Kristen relapsing so this will be her last chemo treatment. Down the hall by the nurses station is a bell. The ringing of this bell is reserved for the children on their last treatment day. I really don't care if it is 2 in the morning, we are running down the hall and are going to ring the bell. Kristen received a special package from a special friend. This card was attached and the sweet girl wrote, "Be Brave" Those words pretty much describe Kristen. She is the most brave person I know. In fact, all the children here are just that...brave. We are really excited to share the contents of her special package. It will just have to wait a day or two.

In about 40 hours Kristen will receive her new bone marrow, a new chance at life. We are all feeling a flood of emotions as we finish the chemo and prepare for the transplant. We are still hoping for another miracle, that the transplant will work, that the side effects will be minimal and that Kristen will continue to fight and continue to Be Brave as the next few weeks could be some of the hardest yet.

12 comments:

Tricia said...

I am cheering for you. Ring the bell loud, OK? And I will keep praying for that miracle. Blessings to you and yours.

Heather said...

I wish I could hear that bell myself but I will be listening hard within my heart,with all my heart.I am SO proud of you Kristen.You have done remarkable job ... you are indeed brave and we love you so.

Love and blessings from California.

Jana said...

Ah yeah!!! Kristen is definitely a brave one! We will be thinking of her and praying for her. Extra prayers will be coming from Ephraim I'm sure since I will be down there on Wednesday so the roomies will know.
Love you both, keep smiling!

Lacey said...

Oh my gosh it seems like its going so fast! She still looks great!

Jenny said...

I recently stumbled across your blog and have enjoyed reading your updates. Kristen is amazing! She's such a trooper. I'm so excited for you to ring that bell and anxiously wait to hear how the transplant goes. You're all in our prayers.

My name is Sarah said...

I will be so excited to see you ring the bell!!!

Cindy said...

Kristen, we can't wait for you to ring that bell! We're expecting a miracle!

Praying for you in Seattle.

Tina said...

Praying for kristin as the Big Day approaches...she has been so brave all along and know she will continue to be so. She does look well in the pictures.
Look forward to the day you ring that bell and as always sending positive thoughts and energy.

Sasha said...

Yes she is so brave. The bell is a great idea and I can't wait until you can ring it. Keeping you in my thoughts

ABandCsMom said...

I'll be listening for the bell!!!!
Brave is the best description of Kristen. She is one brave and tough little gal. We're praying for a smooth next few days, without any hiccups involved..or at least, without many hiccups. I can not get over how good Kristen looks in these latest pictures. She looks as if she is in good spirits. That's always a plus.
Praying hard, in Michigan.

stephanie said...

I just came from Sarah's blog. Now I'm putting it all together.

i hope everyone in the hospital and outside too heard that bell ring!!!!

We are so prouf of Kristen.
My husband tells everyone he can about Kristen.He wears his bracelet all the time.

Huge hugs from all of us!!!
And prayers of course!!

The Excalibur Classic said...

One of my friends stumbled onto your blog. It breaks my heart-I have not stopped crying. My son is Mason Falk and it makes my heart happy to see the bell giving others hope - something we needed so often there in ICS! I am so happy she was able to give the bell some use! I hope everyone there will get a chance to ring it too! Tell your Angel to keep fighting - you will be in our thoughts and prayers!

With Love, Michelle Falk