I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Be My Valentine

Kristen loves Valentines Day. She likes to prepare valentines by signing her name and attaching a treat. She also loves to receive valentines. We do the whole ring the doorbell and run thing. Every time the doorbell rings she is on alert waiting for her valentine. Today she received many. Kristen had a special visitor today. Lily and her mother came by for a visit. Lily brought Kristen a valentine Barbie, a really cute dog that she can stuff herself and a t-shirt for her and one for her brother, Rick. The t-shirts are extra special. They are printed with a picture of a ladder and the words, “ladder to heaven.” Lily’s parents have always said that Lily is their ladder to heaven. I believe we could all say the same about our amazing children. Thank You to Lily and Suzi for taking time to come visit Kristen. Yesterday Kristen had quite a pile of mail. Thank You so much to all of you that continue to remember her. She received a large package filled with valentines made by a group of girls from Saratoga Springs. Her eyes lit up when I carried the package to her.
She was delighted to open all the cards and letters.

We have a busy week as we prepare to be admitted to the hospital this Friday. If I said I wasn't scared I would be lying. I seriously feel sick if I think too much about the upcoming weeks. I have to keep telling myself that this is Kristen's only chance for a cure. It is difficult knowing that
she is going to get very sick before she gets better.

Lots of pictures from a day filled with love...
Lily and her mom, Suzi
The Ladder to Heaven Shirt from Lily


5 comments:

Lacey said...

How nice of them! You know I may have to steal that Minnie Mouse doll!

ABandCsMom said...

Kristen is one special girl.

I'm happy the doctor realized that Kristen is of value. Her life is of value. Yay for the doctor. Boo on the insurance company.

Remember, your blogging buddies are here every step of the way. We'll all see Kristen through this very tough time she is facing.

Suzie and Lily said...

Lily was so excited to see that Kristen had all the same things that Lily liked right down to the Hannah Montana toothpaste! I'm so glad we could come by and meet you all in person. I am going to use your pictures.

stephanie said...

What a great visit you must have had!!!

Polly we'll be with you every step of the way!!!!
Hugs!!

Heather said...

Carrying you all with our prayers, through this scary time Polly.Knowing Kristen can do this.You all can do this.