I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wordless Wednesday...almost


That's right! Kristen is in my car and we are going HOME! Kristen just had 3 days of intense chemo, however, the doc doesn't expect her counts to drop until the weekend, he let us leave and return Monday for count recovery. Of course if Kristen spikes a fever then we are right back. She was hit hard with the chemo and she really isn't feeling well so we'll see how it goes. Just being home should make her feel better.

10 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Such a wonderful sight. So happy that she is able to head home.

Lacey said...

How great is that! No better place to recover than home!

Denise said...

Woo Hoo!! And double Woo Hoo on the previous post. I pray that everything continues on a positive note and that she will be the miracle gal once again!!

Heather said...

Thrilled that you are home and prayers you all stay put till you absolutely have to go back!Love to you Kristen.We are so proud of you.

ABandCsMom said...

Yay! Home. Yahoooooo! Home is the best place to be. (I always told Carly that upon getting home, after being inpatient). Kristen looks drained. Poor girl. Hopefully being home will do the trick. Praying that no fever pops up between now and Monday.

The VW's said...

"There is no place like Home!"

Praying that you are able to stay there throughout the weekend and that Kristen starts feeling better! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

Peter Olson said...

I will pray that the fevers stay away and that the counts behave as expected.
I'm getting excited and scared at the same time for Kristen and you.
Approval for BMT yet?

Monica said...

I am so glad to hear that Kristen is able to go home to recover. She will be so much more comfortable...there is no place like home!

Hang in there Kristen...you are so brave and strong and such an inspiration!

Tina said...

Great that you got to go home, I hope she doesn't have too bad a weekend, and stays well. Kristin looks tired, but she is so so brave, and we all remain positive for her.

SSBenjamins said...

Hi there, Let me introduce myself.. I am a Mom of 2 daughters who were born way early 2 and 3 pound babies.. I am a sister to a brother who was multiply disabled. His name was Trent, he used to sit out on 7th east 9800 south in Sandy watching cars, we lost Trent in July he was 26 almost 27- it makes me cry just to bring up his name.. Trent was our light, he was our party- the light seems gone and the party feels as if it's over.
I found this blog of your's and it brings me to tears- it takes me back to what our Family misses SO badly.. The love these kids have makes us better people.. Your Angel is so SWEET, I seriously just want to hug her, I miss it so much words cannot even begin to understand the grief my family and I are going through. I will make it my goal to make sure Kristen gets a card from me at least once a week.. she is so darling and I must commend you and your Family I can tell you are like we were you love her SO much and you can tell she is your light and your party.. I am inspired by the unconditional love these sweet spirits bring into our homes, I must say I am jealous I feel like the unit I once belonged to with a brother of disabilities is gone, I now wonder where it is that I fit in.. My prayers are with you guys and with Kristen, such a sweet girl. I am glad I found your blog and I pray it helps me get through this terrible firsts of the loss of my brother.