I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ice Cream works every time...

Kristen loves to be home. She has done well the past few days. I took her into the doctor’s office today for a blood test. I had to bribe her with ice cream to get her to leave the house. I have to be careful when she has an ice cream in hand. In the movie Princess Diaries there is this part when Mia smashes an ice cream cone on someone,  Kristen thinks it's ok to do the same thing to me. She thinks it's so dang funny to throw her ice cream at me when she is finished with it. Today I got lucky... no ice cream in my face. Her numbers look great. It looks as though things are on the rebound. She will have a bone marrow biopsy Feb. 3rd. We are still waiting on the insurance company, so possibly we will return to the hospital on Feb. 8th to get more chemo. Kristen has been busy organizing her things. She had a large stash of markers and she has been organizing them by color.  She still gets wore out by about 3 or 4 in the afternoon and heads up to her room. She has a bell which she rings whenever she needs something,
like every 3o minutes...she is keeping me busy too!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Love the second picture.So cute.

Glad her numbers look great and so glad she is home.They always seem to do much better at home,don't they?

Love the throwing of the ice cream.I know I shouldn't but I so do!

Praying you hear from the insurance company soon.

The VW's said...

Great pictures!!! Kristen sounds like a character and full of spirit! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

ABandCsMom said...

Love that hat! She sure does look good in these pictures.

So funny about the whole ice cream in the face thing. Well, not so funny for you I suppose!

Sure wish that insurance company would get things squared away already. Nothing like taking their sweet time. Praying it all falls into place soon.

stephanie said...

I could be bribed with ice cream too!
Glad Kristen is doing better. There's no place like home.
Prayers and hugs!

Lacey said...

why do insurance companies have to be so sluggish?
I'm glad her numbers are great and that she's enjoying being home!

Peter Olson said...

Kristen is such a cutie.
Will you take me to my next blood test? I like ice cream too. I promise not to throw it at you.
A food fight with Kristen could be a lot of fun though. Ha! Ha!
Praying for the right answer from the insurance company.
Having a BMT is scary. Not having a BMT is even more scary.
I pray that you have peace and joy knowing that God is in control. May God's Love fill your heart.

Monica said...

Love the hat and glasses! I can totally relate...Ice cream works for me too! Hoping and praying that the insurance comes through very soon!

Angi said...

That second pic is so darn cute:~) My favorite, she looks good and happy!! I just know the insurance company will come back with the answer WE ALL KNOW WILL BE DO IT!!!