I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, January 11, 2010

And...we're back


We are back in the hospital for count recovery. Which means we do a lot of waiting. As of now we don't have Kristen's blood counts back but as you'll notice in her picture she is quite pale. I suspect she will be getting blood soon. Kristen has continued through the weekend to have her dizzy lightheaded spells. No one is sure what is causing them. We are going to check her thyroid levels again tonight. The doctor said that they are already working on more paper work for the insurance company. We are hoping to get approval for the bone marrow transplant soon, but it might take a few tries.
I need to once again send a huge Thank You to so many of you that have continued to send Kristen cards and letters.
She truly loves them!
I have been so inspired by the amazing friends that I have met here. Each day when I check on all my friends  I usually end up in tears. Some days I find new friends who continue to inspire me. I have come to the conclusion that this world is full of good people,and through our trials we share and lift each other. If there were no night, we would not appreciate the day, nor could we see the stars and the vastness of the heavens. There is divine purpose in the adversities we all encounter.
They prepare, they purify and they bless.



8 comments:

Heather said...

“The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.”~ John Vance Cheney


We love and continue to send our prayers your way.

ABandCsMom said...

Poor girl. She does look pale. Hopefully blood has already been given.

At least, you weren't there for fever related reasons. I was doing some praying for your girl over the weekend. Glad she was able to remain at home.

Hope they figure out her dizzy spells. Lord knows she doesn't need one more thing to add to the mix.

stephanie said...

I've come to appreciate and love and respect all the friends I have made"out here". So many differences, but one common bond will tie us together... our sweet miracles.
Hugs!

Lacey said...

I need to get some more stuff in the mail for Kristen. You may need to post the address for me again.

Tina said...

Continue to keep Kristin in my thoughts and prayers. I have met so many amazing human beings here, people who have inspired me, encouraged me, made me see what a blessing my life is.
Hoping for an update soon, and keep praying for good news

Angi said...

She looks pale but good:~) That's almost a smile! Hoping for the best on her counts!

Peter Olson said...

Well said!
I remember my first blood transfusion in 2007. My feet were cold and then afterward I was just toasty. It felt great.
I thank everyone who donates blood.
You are truly a lifesaver.
I continue to pray for Kristen's full recovery/healing.
God Bless you!

昏睡 said...

Necessity is the mother of invention..........................