I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Something to smile about.

Kristen has not stopped smiling since we got home yesterday. She is feeling quite well for the moment. Her ANC yesterday was a mere 200, usually the docs like it to be 500 before they will let us go home. Because we live close and have experience the doctors decided to send us home with IV antibiotics until she reached 500. We will be going to clinic on Thursday afternoon to have her blood checked. Of course, if she gets a fever then we are right back at the hospital. So far the plan is to give her counts a chance to recover and then in about 10 days to 2 weeks do another bone marrow biopsy and then check back into the hospital and begin round 2 of chemo. From my calculations that puts us
HOME for Christmas.
A few months ago I decided I wanted to give something to the children fighting cancer in the ICS unit. I thought of one of the gifts Kristen received while she was in the hospital. It was a darling Build-a-Bear. I knew it would be difficult for me to come up with 24 bears on my own, so I decided to invite all my friends and family that wanted to participate to come and donate just 1 bear.
 This Thursday, December 17th at 11am I will be at the
Build-a-Bear
 in Fashion Place Mall in Murray.
You can purchase a bear for as little as $12.00 or as much as $30.00. If you can’t make it Thursday you can drop one by my house any time. I know from experience that these bears will put smiles many faces! Hope to see you there!

I have to tell you how amazed I am at the outpouring of love Kristen and our family has received. Family, friends and many strangers have reached out to Kristen and sent her cards and gifts and kind words. It has helped to make this difficult time much more bearable. Thank You! Kristen still has a very long hard difficult road in front of her. We anxiously await her bone marrow biopsy in a few weeks to see how she responded to the chemotherapy. I have to be reminded often to take things one day at a time and sometimes moment by moment.

5 comments:

Tina said...

Yay that is really good news, what can be better than being back home for the holidays. I am so so happy for you and naturally most of all for Kristin. I know there is still a long hard road ahead, but we are all there for you when that comes, in the meantime enjoy being together, being home with the family. Prayers continue for you dear Kristin :)

stefanie said...

I am so happy for you, I am glad she is enjoying being home!!!

Peter Olson said...

Being back home, that's very nice.
I pray for good biopsy results.
My next bone marrow biopsy is Tuesday, Jan 19, 2010.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Brandi said...

Yeah!! My little boys are so excitied she will be home for Christams, they have been praying for that everyday!

Nef Family said...

So glad to see you are home now. Wish we lived closer to support your build a bear cause. They always seem to be the favorite gifts while down at primary's. Thank you for the arm bands. We were very excited to get them. For the first time my husband proudly wore pink!!! Hoping for the best with your next biopsy.