I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, December 28, 2009

One more week in paradise


Christmas was of course FABULOUS! Being home was the best gift Kristen or I could have asked for. Kristen has been feeling quite well. She has settled back into her routine. Kristen's Aunt Lonie made her this darling quilt. All of the immediate family put their handprints on it. Kristen loves it! Tomorrow is a big day for Kristen. She has an echo at 10am and a bone marrow biopsy at 1pm. All of this will done outpatient. We are all very anxious to see the story her bone marrow will tell. of course we are hoping for far less leukemia cells. A full remission is not expected until another round or two of chemo but it is important to know how she responded to the first round of chemo. We were scheduled to be admitted back into the hospital this Thursday to begin the next round of chemo but with the holiday I asked if we could possibly wait until Monday the 4th. I got the word this morning that Monday would be fine so we get one more week at home or...
One more week in Paradise!!!

Some have said Kristen's room is cute so I thought i would add a couple more pictures.

11 comments:

The VW's said...

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your time at home!

What a beautiful quilt! Great idea and so thoughtful!

Prayers will continue for all of you!

ABandCsMom said...

Happy to hear all is going well on the home front. Kristen looks very good. I LOVE that quilt. Such a neat idea. We'll continue our prayers for you all.

My name is Sarah said...

I love your bedroom Kristen. And your quilt is so neat. So happy you get to be home for a few more days:)

Lacey said...

I'm glad their letting you stay home longer! That quilt is beautiful, and her room is so cute!

Angi said...

So GLAD GLAD GLAD that you and Kristen are able to enjoy some much needed time at home, thank you again for the braclets (I gave one to my mom today - she is visiting from VT) One more well wisher and praying for another miracle...a hug for Kristen and I hope you got our cards!

Cammie Heflin said...

So glad she is feeling well! Her quilt is precious and I agree, her room is awesome! Poor Addy doesn't even have a room yet, she's still bunking in ours!

Kristin said...

Praying for a good day tomorrow!

Heather said...

Sending love and prayers your way for the warrior girl Kristen.So happy that you all have had this time at home and knowing you will just savor the extra days at home.Love the quilt and love to you all.

Monica said...

Hey there Kristen! I love your quilt! What a sweet thing for your family to do. I know you are happy to be home and glad to hear that you are able to stay home with your family longer Please tell your mom thank you for paying a visit to my blog and I hope will come back any time! She came by and told me a little about you...and you really do sound a lot like my son Matthew. He makes us smile and laugh all the time and he is the joy of our life...and I know for certain that your family feels the same about you.

(((HUGS)))) Sending my thoughts and prayers your way!!!

Peter Olson said...

Cool, Cool, Cool!
We continue to pray for Kristen and are thankful for the great news.
May God Continue to Bless you, provide healing and give you a fabulous New Year!

Mucki said...

Hi. This is Sushmita, Tina's (my precious Saira) sister. I read on my sister's blog, that Kristen received my christmas card and I am happy she likes the necklace. I am also really really happy that she got to spend Christmas at home... Her room looks beautiful, love the christmas tree in the corner. All the best and I am always thinking of her. Wishing your whole family a blessed New Year. Sushmita