I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tough week for Kristen



I do believe the train finally ran through here and knocked Kristen to the ground. Wednesday Kristen woke up dizzy and light headed.  She also was complaining of head ache and back ache.  She was in bed moaning for the better part of the day.  Then by evening she was throwing up non stop. Luckily no fever developed. Thurdsay we postponed her spinal tap and she just laid in bed without much movement and by evening was able to hold some soup down. Still no fever. Friday Kristen was lethatgic the entire day.  She could barely lift her head off the pillow but at least she was able to keep food down and still no fever.  Today Kristen is finally sitting up and showing some interest in the things around her. She is still laying back but will sit up ocassionally and take a sip or eat a cracker. Not much happening with her blood counts.  She still requires platelets and blood every few days.
Richard came up yesterday morning for a few hours and I was able to escape for a minute.  I went to the Festival of Trees with my daughters and my mom. The trees were amazing. There were 2 trees that were dedicated to Kristen.   One of the trees hadn't sold yet, I called Richard and he said "buy it."  It is for a great cause as all the money goes to the hospital. We are excited, the tree will be
delivered to our house on Sunday.

Kristen's bracelets have arrived!  They are pretty cute. We will be distributing them soon. If you want one send me an e-mail or comment with your address.
Once again Kristen had been receiving many cards and letters and even a few packages. Her face lights up when her mail is delivered. Thank you.


7 comments:

Lacey said...

I saw both of the trees, they are beautiful. It makes me crazy thinking of what she is going through yet again. I need to get another package out to her.

Heather said...

SO,SO sorry she is feeling awful.Makes me angry but since that anger won't do a bit of good I'll fall back on praying.Lot's of that coming coming your way.

Would love some bracelets.
The Needham's
3372 Shadetree Way
Camarillo,Ca.93012

Can't wait to see pictures of the tree's and we too will try get Kristen out another package next week.

Sasha said...

Oh that sounds like a rough day. Hang in there Kristen, we are all praying for you. I am glad you were able to get out for a little bit today to take a break. The trees are beautiful. I will send out a package to Kristen this week. Hugs

ParkerMama said...

I didn't realize that you guys are in Utah! How wonderful about the trees, I can't wait to see pics!

I'm sorry Kristen is feeling so rotten. We're still keeping you guys in our prayers.

The VW's said...

I'm so sorry that your daughter is having to go through this AGAIN! My heart breaks thinking of what she and your family must be dealing with! I'll be thinking of you guys and praying!

Thanks for visiting Gavin's blog! We love visitors and we are so happy to have "met" you and your angel! HUGS!!!

Jeana said...

Those trees are so beautiful. More prayers coming your way, it just breaks my heart that she has to suffer through so much.

Heather said...

Trees are beautiful ... just as Kristen is!!