I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas




At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
Albert Schweitzer

Many thanks to all my family and friends and even strangers who have shown love and kindness toward Kristen and I. There were many times these past few months that I felt as though my light had completely gone out. I felt as though I was standing in a dark place a very dark place. At times it has been a dark scary place. It has been through all of you that the light has once again began to burn. It is through your kind words and encouragement  that I have been able to once again feel the warmth of your light. Although there are many long hard days ahead I am grateful to say that I know that I am not alone.
This Christmas I am very grateful for family friends and even strangers.


8 comments:

Heather said...

Much love to you all and a very,very Merry Christmas.Kristen continues to light our way with her courage and determination.We are blessed to be walking beside you on this journey and thank you for sharing life and your beautiful daughter with us.

Tina said...

Sending so much love to Kristin and you and your entire family this Christmas, although strangers from across the globe we stand beside you in spirit through this journey. You really have shown me what true courage and strength means, I feel humbled. I continue to pray for all of you and especially for the days that are ahead, may they be as smooth and pain-free as possible and may Kristin beat this damn thing once and for all. Wishing you all a very happy Christmas.

Kele said...

Merry Christmas, from yet another stranger who is praying for you and Kristen and sending much love!!

Angi said...

Thank you so much for the braclets..my son Carver (3 yrs old) is wearing one since they came in the mail and even told his (daycare) and teacher all about Kristen Kirton and how she is sick but she WILL get all better:~)

therextras said...

Blessed Merry Christmas!

Barbara

Sasha said...

Merry Christmas

stephanie said...

All our love to you and your family this Christmas! God Bless!!

My name is Sarah said...

Merry Christmas. Thank you for sending the bracelets to our office. All the staff have been wearing them and we think of you often. Hope you had a good day.