I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Love and generosity abound

How blessed I have felt this past week to be able to bring Kristen home from the hospital for a bit. After spending the last 5 weeks in the hospital, Kristen, Myself and my family really really really needed a break. The struggles and the stress in our home have been lifted for a time and filled with peace and joy and hope. When we are home it seems easier to surrender to the things I can't control; the next round of chemo and the bone marrow transplant in the very near future. Once again Kristen continues to be my source of strength. She doesn't give up. She is truly an angel and inspires me daily.
Kristen had her blood checked on Thursday to see if her white count was high enough to stop the anti-biotics. Her ANC was only 300 so the anti-biotics will continue through the weekend.
We had our bear project this past Thursday, thank you so much to all those who participated and helped. We needed 24 bears and we were able to make 27. We will deliver the bears to the hospital the first of the week and I will definately be posting pictures. Many of my kind neighbors have also donated stuffed animal to the hospital and we will be delivering them also. Thank You!
Kristen continues to receive cards, letters and gifts. Everytime I open a card and read Kristen a message my eyes fill with tears as I am so touched by the kindness in the world. Thank You so very much to all of you. Kristen received a very large package from sweet Carly. She loved opening the many gifts. All of you and your children  are such a source of strength, even though I have not met most of you my life and Kristen's are richer for knowing you. Your love and generosity abound!


When Kristen woke up this past Monday she was all smiles when she looked around and seen that I was packing our stuff.

Kristen passed out these cute ornaments to all the nurses before we left the hospital. They are from St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and all profit is donated to research.

Kim and a few of her room mates holding the bears that they donated

The bears! So many made this project possible. Some dropped bears off at our house and some met me at Build-A Bear we even received a bear from Zoey in California!

The bears packed and ready to go

Kristen holding her IV pump getting her dose of anti-biotics

Looking through her basket of cards!

7 comments:

Christine said...

How precious. So glad you go thtis time together.

Lacey said...

I can't believe I missed the bear project. I've been so consumed by this whole baby thing, I'm so glad thats calmed down and I'm getting on with life.

Sasha said...

So awesome that she is at home. Love the pics and the updates. That is great about the bear project. I am glad that you are all able to feel a bit more relaxwed and be in your home for the holidays

Loretta said...

I've only been reading your blog a few weeks, but what joy to come here and see you're at home for Christmas.

Heather said...

Wish we could have come in person to delivery the bear.What an awesome thing you organized for all your fellow warriors.We continue to send you all our prayers and we rejoice alongside you as you celebrate this most joyous season,as a complete family unit.Love to you all.

Leishman Family said...

Hi I have ben followingyou blog for about a month or two and my kids wanted to give Kristen a Webkins and I was wondering is this something she would even be able to play it in the hospital? If our not sure what they are: Their a little stuffed animal hat comes with a code that you log onto the website and there is an animated cartoon of that animal thatyou get to dress up, decorate their room and play games. Please let me know if you think this is something she could enjoy.

Tina said...

God bless her, I am so happy to see you are back home and I am sure Kristin must be feeling so much better too just being surrounded by everything familiar especially during the wonderful Christmas days ahead. I continue to pray for Kristin and for God to give all of you strength to see you through the days ahead.