I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas is when?


It just hit me this morning that Christmas is 2 weeks from today. I have been living in my own little room for the past month and It really hasn't hit me until today.  I think I will break down and bring a little tree in for Kristen. I was hoping we would be home soon and she wouldn't need a tree here but now I think we need one. It also hit me that I haven't done any shopping yet. I best come up with a plan and SOON.
Kristen continues to get a few letters each day and that is the highlight of her day when her sister brings the mail to her.  She sits and opens each card and admires
it and then she has me read it to her. 
She has also received a few packages which have been amazing. 
Thank You to all of you!
I met with the bone marrow transplant team this week. Wow, talk about overwhelming. It is hard enough for me to see past today, and the bone marrow stuff makes me feel like I just might drown. There is so much to learn and to consider and so many IF'S. I still can't imagine that Kristen is going through this again. Bone marrow transplant is tough, really tough.  It is another one of those insurmountable obsticles that has been once again placed in front of Kristen. Seriously how much can this little girl take? Life isn't fair and in the words of our friend Renee, CANCER SUCKS!

7 comments:

Ruby's Mom said...

I love the picture of Kristin with all of her goodies.So glad that people are sending her things to cheer her up.
Praying for strength for both of you.

stefanie said...

She looks so cute, with a big smile on her face, poor baby, it truly is not fair!!!! I keep you both in my prayers!!!

Nicki Swilor said...

That's a great picture of Kristin with all her fun packages. She's such a trooper. We continue to pray for you all for strength and comfort. God is with you through all of this.

Heather said...

When you feel as if you are drowning,turn to those around you that will lift your head above the water and carry you,the best we can,to safe shores.

I bought Zoey one of those metallic little trees for the hospital room last year.Her' was pink and they let me break the rules and string lights ... pink as well.I think you should do it .. it wil brighten both of your days.

I am sending you my continued prayers of peace and strength.All of you,for what seems to be the insurmountable but remember ... this is Kristen ... she is your miracle girl.She'll get this done.

Love to you all.

Peter Olson said...

Last year at this time I couldn't shake the feeling that this was "My Last": set up of the Christmas tree, gift wrapping, Christmas Cards, celebrating with family and friends this blessed season, etc.

One year later; Wah-Hoo! I get to do it all again!

I pray that you have a joyful and blessed Christmas in spite of all the trouble you face.

Remember; We have already won the battle through Jesus' victory over sin & death.

May God Richly Bless You All With Joy, Peace and Love!

Tina said...

It really really isn't fair, how much more does one child have to go through. We are all here praying for you, for Kristin for your entire family to give you strength and comfort. I really hope Kristin gets something out of Christmas, a small tree in her room would be lovely atleast to get a feel of the spirit of Christmas.

Sasha said...

I love the picture of Kristen and all of the mail. She still looks like a trooper as she is going through all of this. Yes a little tree sounds nice and some Christmas music might help get you in the mood. I haven't been in the mood yet as it's been a busy week so I haven't thought of Christmas really until tonight. While doing Wysdom's feed I just put on the radio and listened to an hour of Christmas cheer. Wow. That has put me in the mood. Also a little in the panic as I have not done any shopping either.:) Hugs and prayers as always. Thinking of you and your family.