I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Blessed with kind friends






Guess who came to see us yesterday?  Feisty Kaelyn and her parents! As soon as they letf I realized that we didn't get any pictures. Kaelyn is so adorable in her pictures but even more so in real. She is definitely an angel. It was fun to get to know Jeana and Wayne. I have seriously met the most amazing people. They brought both Kristen and I a gift. Kristen had just finished a transfusion of platelets and was high on benadryl as you can see as she is opening her gift. Thank You so much for visiting us and for the gifts.

6 comments:

Sasha said...

Awesome to have great friends and family. I am sure it makes the time go by and gives everyone a boost of spirit.

Lacey said...

Oh I love baby Kaelyn. I could just eat her up! How cool that they came to see you and brought all that great stuff.

Jeana said...

It was so nice to meet you guys, I've been thinking about you a lot and praying so much that her numbers will come up and you can go home;

ABandCsMom said...

I LOVE the joy in her eyes while checking out her gifts! I'm excited to be able to send gifts to Kristen.
Did you get my email about her size of pj's? I'm hoping to get her stuff mailed out next week. Although, I know she'll be happy when it gets there, no matter if it's before Christmas or slightly after.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your Gingerbread house!!

Tina said...

Yes friends we meet here are really the greatest. I hope Kristin feels better soon, I love to see her open her gifts especially seeing the excitment in her face!
Keeping Kristin in my prayers always, pray you can be home soon.

Kristin said...

How fun - we love Jeana, Wayne, & Kaelyn too!