I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

You Go Girl!



Kristen got a package yesterday from our cute friend Zoey and her mom, Heather.  Zoey was diagnosed last year, about a month after Kristen, with AML.  Heather has been an inspiration to many of us.  She started a project called The Heart Blanket Project.  Kristen is one of the latest recipients of a darling blanket. Notice the cute blue and yellow blanket in the picture.
With the blanket comes a letter explaining the project. 
The last paragraph of the letter reads;

"May this blanket wrap you in comfort, envelope you in love, and warm your soul so that you may endure your own journey with perserverance and courage,
knowing that you are in the hearts of those
who love you and those who made this blanket especially for you!"

We feel special to receive such a gift!.
Thank You Heather and Zoey!

As you know I have had much anxiety about Kristen's upcoming Bone Marrow Transplant as the doctors have warned us that is is risky for children with down syndrome. I have tried desperately to locate a family of a child with down syndrome that has had a transplant. Thanks to another special blogging friend I have been in touch with 2 such families. My fear is lighter and my hope is brighter. Claire is a sweet 14 year old girl who had the priveledge of donating bone marrow to her cute little sister, Julia. Julia also has down syndrome and had leukemia. The transplant went well and the family believes that it is quite possibly a cure. 
Claire sent Kristen the following message: 

Kristen, I cannot believe how amazing you are!!! you are such strong girl! keep up the good work and fight like a girl! tell that cancer who's boss!
YOU GO GIRL!

9 comments:

stephanie said...

What beautiful and encouraging words from Caire. How awesome that you found a family who has had the BMT.

Beautiful blanket from Heather and Zoey! Keep it close !!!
Prayers and hugs!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

YAY! I am so happy you were able to connect with Julia's family! That makes my heart happy! :)

LOVE the blanket from Heather and Zoey!!! It's awesome!

Kristen, we're praying for you every day!!!

ABandCsMom said...

Hi Kristen,
Carly and I check out your blog each time we get online. We look forward to reading up on you. Checking in to see how you're feeling and looking at your sweet face when your mom posts pictures of you. We wish we didn't live so far away from each other. We would love to meet you one day. You are one heck of a gal. A very courageous, strong willed and determined young lady. Simply AMAZING! We pray for you and your family and will continue to do so.

I agree with Claire. YOU GO Girl!

Lacey said...

Love that blanket and love Heather! I'm sending something in the mail today, I swear! I'm glad you found families that have been in your situation. Thats why I love the blogging world so much.

Nicki Swilor said...

How awesome is it to be able to find such amazing friends through blogging. The support of all your friends on here amazes me every time I read their sweet comments. I love the blanket and the letter that you shared. And I love Claire. That was the cutest message to Kristen!

Heather said...

We love you Kristen.You are our hero.

koralee said...

Your blog is so inspiring..I am so happy you left a comment on my blog so I can now read your amazing story. Thank you for entering my giveaway...off to read some of your past posts.

Sasha said...

The blanket is beautiful. I am so happy you were able to find some families that have had a bmt. Just wondering what Kristen's favorite colour is? If you have time just send me a quick note on my blog. I want to send something to her in the mail. Sending you prayers and hugs.

Suzie said...

Sweet Kristen I am so happy you got the beautiful blanket to snuggle with. I think of you often and am going to put your beautiful picture on the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation's well wishes page.