I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What are you thankful for...

I could really be bummed today, spending Thanksgiving in the hospital with a sick little girl. But I choose not to. It seems the bitter chill of adversity has been chasing me for some time; however, I am quick to realize that I am surrounded by goodness and that I am being cheered on from every side. I may not be feasting on Thanksgiving, but I will take time to give thanks.

I am grateful for the pleasures that encircle me;
Anti-nausea drugs
Chemo-therapy (as much as I hate the side effects, it is a hope for yet another remission)
Well trained doctors and nurses who truly care and who have become our friends
A private room with a window and a roll out bed
A healthy body and mind which enables me to take care of another
Responsible kind caring children who also know how to prepare a Thanksgiving feast
A husband who is selfless
A mother who calls each morning
Family and friends who check in on a daily basis just waiting to offer help in any way they can
Kind words from a stranger

On this Thanksgiving I could be full of negative emotions that bind hearts; anger, resentment, bitterness. Instead I choose to fill my soul with love, faith and thanksgiving.


5 comments:

Tina said...

What a beautiful post. I know it must be so so hard for you right now, but instead you choose to be thankful and positive and full of hope, and this is what will see you through, when even in darkness one is able to see the light. I wish you, your family and especially your beautiful angel a happy thanksgiving.

Heather said...

Sending you love Polly and I continue to be proud of not only Kristen but you as well.Happy Thanksgiving to your beautiful family and you all remain close in prayer daily.

Lacey said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We love you guys.

stephanie said...

You are truly amazing!
God bless and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Tara said...

What a beautiful post and a great reminder of how much we take for granted. You are all in my thoughts and prayers~