I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

We really really really HATE cancer.


Less than 24 hours into round one and we are once again reminded how much we really hate this.  The puking has begun, eyedrops every 3 hours and bathroom every 2 hours and now it is time for another dose of chemo. It always amazes me when the nurses come in to give chemo they are wearing a protective gown, rubber gloves and safety glasses but yet the stuff they are protecting themselves from is going right into Kristen's bloodstream. Doesn't seem fair.  I call chemo a necessary evil. We are putting some more anti-nausia meds on board so hopefully that will help.  Kristen is already worn down as you can see in her pic.  appetite gone. energy gone. infection fighting cells gone.
I have to remember that Kristen has proven 3 times already that she is stronger than cancer.
Please continue to pray for our little angel.

8 comments:

Lacey said...

You can do it Kristen. You have a whole bunch of cheerleaders on your side. Trying to find some cute stuff today to put in the mail for her.

Heather said...

Kristen can and will do this.I have no doubt what so ever in her ability do overcome yet another obstacle placed before her.My faith is unwavering in that and we will not only hope for another miracle we pray like crazy for it.Love to you all.

Yesterday was a mail holiday so our package is going out today.

Ruby's Mom said...

I'm so sorry Kristen is going through this again.I'm keeping her in my prayers and will be sending her something in the mail.

Junior said...

Keep up the fight Kristen, you are such a fighter.
Keeping you in our prayers.

My name is Sarah said...

Hi Kristen. It's me Sarah. I am right here thinking about you. My mom is going to ask all of our Stampin' Up friends to make you some cards. Sorry about the puking. I hate that so you must too. I printed your picture and have it right next to my bed so I can think about you all the time.

Tina said...

Kristin is in my prayers continously....she has proven to be a fighter and she will fight again.

Nef Family said...

Just came across your news. Amanda prayed that her friend would get out of the hospital soon. We are thinking of you!

JennyH said...

Cancer sucks! Prayers for your family.