I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ready or Not...

Kristen is doing well tonight.  She seems to be slowing down a bit, I suspect the leukemia is catching up to her.  Kristen needs platelets before she can have the surgery.  In the morning we will first go to the oncology clinic for labs and platelets and then to surgery to have the central line placed.  After recovery she will be admitted to the floor.  I suspect that chemo will begin shortly thereafter. 
I have been amazed by the outpouring of kind words and prayers that have been offered in her behalf.  Thank You!  Many have asked what they can do to help Kristen.  Kristen LOVES to get mail.  I thought it would be a great idea for anyone that would like to cheer her up to send her a card or a note. 

Kristen Kirton
P.O. Box 87
Draper, Utah 84020-0087

We decided to have a quick  family picture taken before Kristen's hair falls out. 

Rich and I are in the middle, My youngest son, Ryan is on the far left, Rick, my oldest son is next to him with his wife in front and their two children, my dauaghter Kamie  is next to me with Kristen in fromt of me, my youngest daughter Kim is next to Rich, then my son in law and my oldest daughter Katy at the end with their 3 children in front. 

6 comments:

Janalyn said...

Aunt Polly; just so you know you have a full support system down here in Ephraim. We'll be praying for all of you constantly. If you ever need anything let us know and we will do anything to help! [So will my parents :)] Love you guys so much, you're in my prayers!!

Tina said...

Praying praying praying for kristin... she will fight hard I know, there is so much love coming her way even all the way from this part of the world. I will carry on praying for a miracle, God is by her side and will take care of her, he will give all of you strength to get through this.

stephanie said...

What a beautiful picture. Polly is that you behind Kristen? I'm glad I have a face to put with you, I've been making one up.
We got you covered on the East coast! prayers and mail for Kristen coming!!!! I love getting mail too, it will make Kristen smile!
Just have to say, Tina the sweetheart above me is awesome!

Lacey said...

Done, mail coming Kristens way. What a great picture, a cute, cute family. Praying for you and Kristen as you take on this battle again.

Heather said...

Love the picture and love you all.Left you a facebook message before I saw this!Thought of you the moment I opened my eyes this morning and began sending Kristen prayers of strength and healing.We begin the walk into this new day with you.Filled with faith and ... Hoping For Another Miracle.


I'll reiterate from my FB message:You were SUPPOSE to let ME do the bracelets .... next time, let me lift from you. something.

Card and another something coming Kristen's way.

Jeana said...

What a beautiful family! We are praying so hard for Kristen that she will conquer again. We are all here beside you, hoping to help lift your burden. Will you let me know what kinds of things Kristen would like to receive? Am I right in thinking she likes Hannah Montana?