I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, November 30, 2009

more spinal taps on tap

Kristen is due for another spinal tap today and another on Thursday.  At this moment she is still sleeping.  I am trying not to bother her as her procedure isn't scheduled until 12:30, that means nothing to eat or drink so the longer she sleeps the better. She will need more platelets before we head downstairs. It sure seems like her platelets are having a hard time holding. This will be her 5th transfusion in 18 days. 18 days? We've only been her 18 days? Seems like much longer.

 The Festival of Trees  is being held this week. It is a fundraiser for the hospital. There will be two trees honoring Kristen.  Kristen's sisters have decorated a tree and donated it to the festival.  My sister works at a school and the kids there have also made a tree and are going to be dedicating it to Kristen. If you plan on going be sure to look for the trees.  I will be going Wednesday and will for sure post pictures.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the trees.Praying for you today.Will be looking for an update later.Our love to your brave one.

S Nault said...

Our prayers are with you

Tina said...

Prayers are with you, I hope the procedure goes well. Look forward to seeing the pictures of the trees and waiting for an update as soon as you can. God bless

Lacey said...

I'll be looking for them. I only wish I was able to do the tree I wanted to. Well hopefully next year Jax won't be so naughty.