I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, November 27, 2009

More of the same...



Kristen and her older sister Katy

Her older Brother Rick and his wife Lisa

Hoping for a quiet day. Kristen needs blood and platelets, however, the docs decided to wait until tomorrow. She really wants to go home.  She knows Christmas comes after Thanksgiving and she keeps asking "When's Christmas?" Usually this day is spent shopping and decorating for Christmas.  I guess I'll get to it some other time.  Kristen loves to help decorate the tree so I really don't know if I can do it without her.  We'll have to see.

3 comments:

Sasha said...

Do you think you will be there in the hospital over Christmas? I spent last year in the hospital with my son. It was hard for me as I am sure it would be for your family. What about having a minature coffee table tree in her room. You can get really tiny ones. Just a thought! Sending prayers.

Lacey said...

I would wait on the tree until you get home. Did you get our stuff in the mail yet?

Angi said...

I really hope Kristen can get home a bit for Christmas, it makes me sad to know how much she wishes to be home...if you really think she will have to be there for the holiday, let me know and I would love to send her something..I will try to get some more cards out in the mail too:>)