I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Kristen needs your Prayers

I hoped this day would never come. As a cancer mom the fear that you might hear the R word NEVER leaves your mind.  This time I am talking about the word RELAPSE. I hate hate hate that word.  You would think 3 times is enough one time is enough... better yet no child should EVER have to deal with cancer.  It looks like we are are about to hit it for the 4th time.  I seriously can't believe i just said that.  One month ago Kristen finally had some good blood counts.  Going into today for a routine blood test seemed just that...routine, but as the results came in several hours later it was anything but routine.  Kristen has been feeling GREAT.    Really there has been no outward appearance of the MONSTER that has once again taken a hold of her body.  As I type this I can hardly see the keyboard through the tears, but I believe in the power of prayer and I have met many friends here and tonight Kristen needs prayers.  The doctor called this afternoon with the results...yeah the doctor that was the first sign that something was up.  I think his words went something like this..."I am calling with the results of Kristen's blood test, the lab called and they found blasts in her blood, so we will need to do a bone marrow biopsy in the morning to confirm it."  In my heart it's already confirmed, I mean blasts in her blood is hard to mistake for something else.  I have no Idea what the plan will be or even what we are dealing with I just know that my little angel needs your prayers, so please Say a Little Prayer for Her. 

15 comments:

stephanie said...

I can't believe what I'm reading, What the hell! I'm speechless, I'm so sorry I don't know what to say, everything I'm thinking has swear words in it. I'll just pray. I'll pass the word and I'll add Kristen's name to our special intentions in church. I'm so, so sorry. This is the most inadequate comment I have ever left. I'm just at such a loss for words. God be with you!

ABandCsMom said...

I'm just sick. I don't know what else to say. Sick. That sums it up. We'll be keeping your sweet girl in prayer.

Tina said...

I am visiting your blog for the first time, thanks to Stephanie, I wish I had found it earlier. Right now my heart and soul goes out to you, just reading about everything you have already been through everything kristin has been through, it really its so so unfair I can't start to understand what you must be feeling. I will be praying deeply for Kristen and sending many many positive thoughts her way.

Lacey said...

Polly, I don't know what to say, only that you are in my prayers and I'm so close, anything you need. You've made blankets for me, and even brought us yummy doughnuts. Now its my turn. I know you have a lot of family, but I'm here. Thinking of you.

Heather said...

Well Polly.What can I possible say?What words would be adequate for you in this moment?None.

Zoey and Kristen and you and I walked and lived a parallel journey for the last year.Kristen but a month ahead of Zoey with her diagnosis.I will never,ever forget clicking on one of your comments and reading of Kristen's most amazing store.Disbelieving what she had already endured and what she was then facing,fighting and winning.Many a day I had only had to look to Kristen and you and your incredible family for strength and inspiration.Today is no different.We will remain with you and next to you in the days to come.Side by side in the fight.Continuing to look to tomorrow with great faith and unending hope.

Sending you much,much,much love.

Kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. We will say special prayers for her.

Lianna said...

My prayers and heart go out to Kristen and all of you. No one should have to walk through this journey, especially without support. Please keep looking up.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Oh no. I can't believe this. UGH. Cancer SUCKS!!!!! We are praying hard right now!!!!

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. When Sarah opened your post last night I pretended it was just about a doctors appointment but she saw the word cancer which she recognizes. She just kept asking me why. Why Kristen? I wish I had an answer for her and for you. I'm just speechless and heartbroken for all of you. We will be praying and sending positive thoughts your way.

scrappy quilter said...

I found your blog through Stephanies. Praying for your sweet girl.

Candice said...

OH Polly! I am so sorry to hear this. I love your family, I will definitely be praying for Kristin, and your family!

Nicki Christensen Swilor said...

I'm so sorry! I couldn't believe it when I started reading last night. We'll keep praying for you. Let us know if you need anything.

Peter Olson said...

Oh my, tears are filling my eyes
How much can a person endure?
I will be praying for Kristen, you and your family.

datri said...

Crying here, so sorry to hear this. You have our prayers and love.

mauimom said...

I am so sorry for the terrible battle you have been through, I have a 6 mth old and it makes me sick to my stomach to imagine him experiencing this. I am overwhelmed by how couragous you all are. You are in our prayers.