I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I really have no words...

Kristen and her Grandpa



My dad, Kristen's grandpa unexpedly passed away yesterday.  I am so thankful we were able to visit with him yesterday morning.  We picked up my mom to take her to the store and my dad walked out to the car, like he always does, gave Kristen a dollar and a high five.  A few hours later he was just gone.  At the moment it appears he had an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm.  I really cannot even speak, so I thought I would post a couple of pictures for now and just say that I love my dad and I seriously don't know what I am going to do.

9 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Oh dear, we are so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

ABandCsMom said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. We'll be praying for your family.

Cammie Heflin said...

I'm so sorry, praying for your family.

Jeana said...

I am so sorry, that is so hard and so unexpected. Thinking about you all.

Lacey said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Your in our thoughts and prayers during this rough time.

Tom And Hailee said...

I'm so sorry for your loss let me know if there is anything we can do for you and your family. Love ya

Heather said...

Thinking of you all and sending prayers for comfort and strength during this most difficult and sorrow filled time.

stephanie said...

I am so sorry. I remember when you posted that picture. Kristen was feeling well enough to go to the dollar store with her grandpa. What a blessing you did get to see him yesterday.
Again I am so sorry for your loss. praying for you and your family.

Peter Olson said...

I'm very sorry! Please think about the good times you had with him. Concentrate on the blessings he gave you.
You and your family will be in our prayers.
Remember our hope is in the Lord!
May your pain only be for a moment and your joy restored.
May God bless you in this time of loss.