I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another Blood Test

And finally...we have some numbers! Kristen had her monthly blood test today.  I have been waiting for 6 months since she finished treatment for her numbers to start getting into the normal range. Today they are finally there.
For those who get the whole numbers game:
WBC             2.8
HCT              45.3 (I think hers is better than mine)
Platelets        152,000
ANC             2000

Now I just need to keep the little princess well through the winter.  I am a bit concerned about the flu so if you are sick, I really love you and all, but don't come over.  Rude, I know.
Since October is Down Syndrome Awareness month I have been thinking of some things I would love to share.  I have some stories to share, but I will save it for another day. 

6 comments:

Heather said...

Happy dance here in California!!Great numbers.Praying for an uneventful winter for you all.I continue to keep you close in thought and look forward to maybe meeting up with your daughters at the marathon.That would be really wonderful.

stephanie said...

I'm so glad Kristen's numbers are up. Thank God!

Everytime I see her face it makes me smile. Just something so sweet about her.

ABandCsMom said...

Great news regarding those numbers! Just what us worry wart moms like to read off those darn lab sheets.

Praying for an easy winter for you all. I'm a bit of a wreck over the flu hype. I'm hoping the CDC is blowing it out of proportion.

Jeana said...

Im so glad her numbers are where they need to be! Thanks for sharing that poem, very special.

Peter Olson said...

Very cool!
I pray that Kristen stays healthy and that you don't worry all the time about it (sorry, I know that's the mom's job).
Remember she is in good hands!
Keep up the great work!
May God bless you!

My name is Sarah said...

I got your note about the transport chairs. It's funny that you mentioned Disney because that is what made us buy the first one. We were at Disney and they had run out of wheelchairs, so we had to wait for about 1 hour until one was returned. As soon as we came home I started searching. We have two of the same one now. It is very light, the footrests come off and it travels on airplanes very well. They stow it at the end of the ramp like a stroller. Here is the link then you can put your zip code in to find a dealer. It lists for 350 but we got them for 199. http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhqprd/inv_catalog/prod_cat_detail.jsp?s=0&prodID=LTTR19FR&catOID=null

So glad to see Kristen's numbers looking so good.