I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Something FUN!


Yeah let's talk fun. My daughter who is away at college asked me what was up with my last post. I think she called it creepy. I Guess us mothers aren't supposed to get feeling overwhelmed or at least not admit to it. So tonight we will talk fun. Ever since Kristen finished up her treatments at the hospital I have been trying to think of something we could do to give back to the ICS (Immunocompromised Care Unit) at the hospital where we spent 7 months. When Kristen was released we made cute cards with Kristen's picture and passed them out along with a treat to all of the nurses. The nurses were all so appreciative and said they love getting things from their patients. I really want to do something for the nurses but haven't quite figured that part out yet. What I have been planning for the patients is where the fun comes in. When Kristen was in the hospital she received gifts that people had donated. Her favorite gift was a Build a Bear. I decided a few months ago that I was going to make sure that the children in the unit received a Build a Bear sometime around Christmas. There are 24 beds in the unit so I figured it would be about $500. Rather than ask for donations I am going to ask all my friends here and on facebook to please join Kristen and I for a "Team Kristen" party at a local Build a Bear. All I need is 23 people to bring $25 and spend as little as an hour and make a special bear for a very sick child. The party will be around the first week in December. I know you all want to come! so leave me a comment or send me an e-mail and I will make sure you get the info. Let's go have some fun and most importantly put a smile on a sweet child's face.

6 comments:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Oh I can't wait to contribute.Awesome idea.You and I got it reversed!I posted on our blanket project we are starting,the other night and got seriously heavy the next.(After all,cancer is heavy!)... I called my daughter Cailtin and told her that I thought I scared some of my readers off ... only 5 comments I think on that one.Christmas will be here before you know it and this project will be FUN and will most certainly put smiles on lots of childrens faces!!

Jeana said...

Count me in...not really sure what life will hold for us in December, but if circumstances permit, I SO there :) What a great idea.

Nicki Christensen Swilor said...

I want to do this! What a great idea!

Chief said...

What a wonderful gesture. I can imagine the looks on the faces of the children that receive them.

Jana said...

if i'm home i totally want to come; or if kim comes up to help i will for sure come with her!! This is a great idea Aunt Polly!