I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hope

I am not sure why...but I really feel like I might be lacking in hope and faith. As I say that I am looking up the definitions of both those words; hope-to believe, desire and trust. faith-belief that doesn't rest on logical proof or material evidence. Nope that's not it. So maybe I just need a vacation. Maybe the events of the past year are catching up to me, maybe I'm running too fast, or maybe just maybe life is going on without me and my little princess Kristen. I have noticed the past few days that Kristen is not feeling well. She had hardly eaten and I have pretty much offered her all her favorite foods. But what really gets me down is that my husband noticed it too. I get into these modes where I just sit and worry about her and then she isn't feeling well I just kinda think that I am just being over protective, but then when Rich notices it I know it is real. Another week and we are off to clinic so I will just hold on til then.

The girls at their 5k run last weekend

The bridal shower for my niece. We had a contest to see who could make the best wedding dress out of 2 rolls of toilet paper.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I know your worry well and therefore am at a lose for the perfect words because I,like you,am feeling the wall that is lurking before me.We both have been in survival mode as we watched our children fight for their lives.No mother should have to watch that.No child should have to endure that.My body is crumbling, as 2 1/2 years of fight is closing rapidly in.Zoey has been in one fight or another for that long.And although I am blessed and grateful and humbled and hopeful,I am tired.You are exhausted.As well as frightened of the unknown.I am frightened of the unknown.I wish I knew what to do with that fear.I wish I could help you.Let's instead help each other.Pray for each other and pray for these little warrior girls.We will find our way.We have no choice.Kristen and Zoey renew our hope and reinforce our faith.Now if we could just get to that spa for a day,make it a week of pampering.... then we will be ready to take on the world.As long as we could eliminate the world of cancer.Hang in there.Praying for you and for your inspiring girl.

allie mae said...

Faith leads to action. When you have faith in Jesus Christ, you trust the Lord enough to follow His commandments- even when you do not completely understand the reason for them. You accomplish what the Lord wants you to accomplish. You help bring about good in your own life and the lives of others. You are able to do miracles according to the Lords will. Faith is a princle of power. God works by power, but His power is usually exercised in response to faith. He works according to the faith of his children. Doubt and fear are opposed to faith. Hope is an abiding trust that the Lord will fulfull His promises to you. It is believing and expecting that something will occur. When you have hope you work through trials and difficutlies with the confidence and assurance that all things will work together for your good. Hope helps conquer discouragement. I know this is long but as I read the definition in Preach my Gospel it made me smile and cry because it is always YOU that has the faith and hope to get our entire family through whatever we face! Yes- you do need a vacation.

Kristen's mom said...

Wow Kate...I like your definition much better than mine. How about your write the next post! Let's find the definition of exhausted and I think that will explain my current state.

Lacey said...

Love the TP idea, I'll have to remember that one. I'm feeling so worn out lately. I don't think us moms with sick kids ever stop and do something for ourselves. I woke up with major sinus congestion. I'm so sick of feeling tired and sick, I just want some energy back.

Peter Olson said...

You are just a great mom! You care. There is nothing more about it. I bet millions of kids would love to have a mom just like you! I know, my mom went to heaven when I was 11. I still miss her like you wouldn't believe.
Hang tough! Kristen needs you to be strong!
I'm praying for you both!

Chief said...

You are very inspiring to me. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Come back for a laugh anytime!