I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Week at the Lake

We spent the last week at one of our favorite camping spots. Every year we go camping at Half Moon Lake which is near Pinedale, Wyoming. It is about a 250 mile drive and sometimes I wonder why we travel so far to take a cold bath in the lake, get eaten by mosquitoes and then there is the lovely outhouses. Those things aside, it really is the most beautiful place to camp. Kristen looks forward to this vacation every year. This year I was grateful to have Kristen there with us. A few months ago I thought the family would be going without Kristen and I. Luckily she was feeling great! Last year on this same trip I knew Kristen was sick, but I kept putting the thoughts of leukemia in the back of my mind, hoping that her thyroid medication needed to be adjusted. When I look back at the pics of last year I could really kick myself as I see that she was so very sick. I remember commenting on how she never wanted to leave the trailer and all of her mosquito bites turned into tiny bruises. All signs I chose to ignore. We are getting close to the one year mark of her diagnosis with Leukemia and i have many thoughts buzzing in my head. This week is another clinic visit. I always hold my breath until I have the results of the blood test in my hands. So this week...Say a little prayer for her.




We drove into Jackson Hole for lunch.

















6 comments:

ABandCsMom said...

So glad you guys were able to all go camping. Sure does look like Kristin enjoyed herself!

We'll be praying for that blood work to come back looking great. We don't have clinic until Nov., but I have to get Carlys labs drawn in a couple of weeks. I'm so dreading it. I hear ya' about holding your breath until those numbers are in your hand. I do the very same thing.

Lacey said...

Looks like a great time and a beautiful place. I want a boat so bad, someday.

Peter Olson said...

I’m jealous! It looks like you had a lot of fun. Fantastic pictures! Beautiful location, beautiful smiles, I’m so glad for you all!
I pray that Kristen’s blood test results are better and that you all continue to enjoy life together.
:-)

Nicki Christensen Swilor said...

I LOVE the picture of Kristin holding the puppy. So cute! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Saying a prayer for you all...

Jeana said...

Looks like so much fun, I'm so glad Kristin was feeling well and able to go!

Lacey said...

I forgot to ask you if you need my address. And of course I didn't save your email address. Let me know if you need it.