I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, August 28, 2009

Run Run Fast as you Can

It feels like everyone is always running! Just when you think life might slow down just a bit, it takes right off again. Getting 3 of my kids back in school has been crazy. My oldest son had some kind of sinus surgery today, So Kristen and I were able to help out with his 2 kids. Our garden is producing a bit too well and I am being taunted by cucumbers, tomatoes and zucchini, and I am on the lookout for some peaches and pears that I can also put up in jars. My 3 daughters are running another 5K in the morning in the town where Kim goes to school so Kristen and I plan to leave at 4:30 in the morning so we can cheer them on. Our home office where we run our construction company is a total disaster and of course I filed an extension on our taxes and we are getting close to the final date. I signed up for a medical terminology class, I have completed all the assignments and now I have to study for a mid term and then the final and that has to be done by Oct 22nd. The list goes on and on. We are getting close to the 1 year anniversary of Kristen's diagnosis of Leukemia and I feel like I could sit and cry for a minute or something but I haven't time for that either. After the events of the past year I told myself that I would not get caught up in the craziness of life. Since I had not much control over what took place in the last year, I told myself that I was going to take control and do things that matter. I am often reminded as to the fact that chunks of our lives are lost due to lack of attention to the things that matter. So tomorrow I have decided to open all the windows wide so the warm breeze can whisk through the screens and then I think I will lay on the grass and watch the clouds pass by...Oh wait I already forgot, I am waking at 4am to take a 2 hour car ride to watch a 30 minute race then take the 2 hour ride back home in hopes of making it to my nieces bridal shower at noon, which by the way I haven't picked up a gift yet or made arrangements for someone to come stay with Kristen...that's it... I'm going to bed!
Kristen tending her neice

Kamie and Hailey on their way to school... first day this semester of college
Ryan also started school this week. Yeah he's a sophomore and loving high school

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh yes,the hectic pace of life.It feels as if I have lost a huge chunk of time.At least 2 1/2 years.Especially the last 9 months.Wish I had some advice on slowing it down.If I did,I surely would be using it!As for the run .. I am jealous.I still haven't made a concrete decision what to do.Kristen looks great and I so wish I lived near by so i could come and watch after her.How great would that be?

stephanie said...

I lost you for a while, deleted my whole blog list,
Kristen looks great! What a difference. You sound really busy, but with good stuff! My days fly by too. You know it's nice to lay down at night and listen to the crickets. I usually miss the clouds during the day too.

Kim said...

I so know that feeling. Back to work and school and I'm feeling the stress of being away from the things I love the most. We just have to make ourselves just stop and slow down in this crazy world we live in!