I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Anybody seen my couch???


I think my couch is under there. I haven't figured out why Kristen does this...First she spreads out a blanket on the couch, then she places her favorite movies on the blanket and then comes the papers and the recipe cards neatly placed under each movie. I think she is organizing them or something. These have been on the couch since yesterday. I told her I needed her to clean them up before she goes to bed and all I got was a "ugg mom"

Today was Kristen's monthly clinic visit. She was not excited to go to the hospital and was being a little stinker. I felt sorry for her NP, Robert, she wouldn't even open her mouth and she wasn't too nice to Dr. Fluchel either. But they were both nice and didn't seem to mind her stubborness. Everytime I would take a pic of her and Kamie she would do something silly. Her blood counts are holding steady. I guess that is better than dropping. The only number that seems to be on the incline is her hematocrit. Her platelets were up slightly to 140,000, Her white count seems to be slow in coming up as she was at 1.6 and her ANC was 1200. The docs seemed ok with the numbers so I won't fret. Next month we have clinic on 9/9/09 at 9am. Our lucky number of the day must be 9.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you for your encouraging words and for your prayers.These clinic visits .. I will NEVER get use to.Good news on the platelets.She is finding her way.Sending you love form California.

Lacey said...

Hey there, did you put the blankies in the mail? Let me know, if not I will come out and get them tonight so I can get them out before I go out of town tomorrow.