I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Dad









Kristen's dad, Richard, turned 50 yesterday. We decided to take the fam to dinner. We went to one of his favorite places, The Outback. We also invited my parents and also Richard's parents. There was 21 of us in all. Kristen loves to go out to dinner but for some reason she always takes 2 or 3 bites of her food and then wants to take the rest home. Richard truly loves Kristen and always makes sure she is happy and comfortable. He always goes out of his way to make sure she has whatever she needs or wants for that matter. He loves to tease her of which he always receives a squeal in return. She has been feeling pretty good lately but still tires by the end of the day. Next week she goes back to the clinic for labs. That always makes me nervous. My daughters and I have taken on a new project and I can't wait to show you what we are making! First we have to finish them.

5 comments:

Ruby's Mom said...

I love that first picture of the two of them together.So sweet!

ABandCsMom said...

What a great picture of your sweet girl with her dad. LOVE IT!

Can't wait to see what you're working on.

Lily said...

Love the bond between daughter and dad. Love the sweet potatoes at the Outback too :-) My sister turns 50 on the 14th she went to Hawaii for two weeks :-( don't love that cause I'm not there!

Lacey said...

Happy birthday dad!!

My name is Sarah said...

Happy 50th Birthday to Dad. I love your picture with him.