I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Finally enough hair for a Trim


Kristen's hair has grown enough that she needed a little trim. It is coming in darker and with some curl in the back. It is darling! I had to even up her bangs a little and even things around her ears and in the back. I think we are getting away from the need to wear a hat stage. I took Kristen on some errands today and I think she got a bit wore out. I am so looking forward to her strength coming back. I know it will be a while as the little angel has been through so much. Kristen and I spend a lot of time home. After spending 7 months in the hospital I will NEVER complain about being home. We all know this phase of our families life will be brief. We all have made adjustments. Something I have learned over the past 10 months is that it is so easy to lose chunks of your life due to lack of attention to the small things. The small things that matter. I never want to forget anything that has taken place over the past 10 months. Kristen and I love the life we have today. We are loving summer and snow cones and staying up late.

4 comments:

Heather said...

She looks as beautiful as ever.I am a bit concerned with Zoey's lack of energy.She almost seemed as though she had more when we first got home.You know,I just worry.I just want spunk and energy and I think I forget in some ways what her tiny body has been through.I think next time we go to clinic I will address things like return of energy and such.Will we ever breathe easier??I am so glad you are just enjoying being home and together. We have much of the same going on here too!!Too bad we didn't live closer and we could just hang out together and marvel in the miracle of our girls.

Lacey said...

Yeah for hair. I need to get those blankies. Are you still in town?

ABandCsMom said...

She looks great! I know what you mean about staying home. I found a new love for home after Carly's leukemia.

Lily said...

Love the new look - she is beautiful!