I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Blankets, Zucchini and String Beans




I do believe the "Dog days of Summer" have arrived! We have been busy the past few weeks. My daughters, my mom and I all decided to make a few blankets for Lacy . She donates blankets to children that have a serious illness. It has been fun learning how to crochet the edges. Also, we planted a rather large garden this year, so we have been busy trying to figure out what to do with the peas, zucchini and cucumbers that are basically coming out of our ears. I have made zucchini bread, deep fried zucchini, steamed zucchini and what ever else we could think of. The peas were easy as we pretty much sit on the lawn and eat those. The string beans are bottled and pressured and put on the shelf in the basement so at least in the winter we can eat something besides snowballs. If you live close to me stop by and I will load your car with zucchini and cucumbers. As for Kristen she has good days and bad days. Yippee! as the last two days have been GOOD days!

6 comments:

ABandCsMom said...

Glad to here Kristin is have a few good days this week. Hope those keep on coming.

Love the blankets.

Lily said...

How wonderful you help with the blankies for Lacey! Our garden is so full of weeds if we have tomatoes we wouldn't know it. I need to weed! Glad Kristen is having some good days!

Michelle said...

Well done on the blankies! So glad Kristen has had good days this week! She deserves them all to be GREAT days! That is great about your garden...I really wish I had one up here, but without a green-house, the animals would demolish it! :( Someday!!!:)

Jeana said...

Those blankies look awesome! Good job. I'm so excited for tomorrow, thank you sooo much. Wayne is even going to dress up in his Country Garb that my mom has provided him over the years. I'll be sure to take pics.

Kim said...

So glad you've had some good days. Hope you have many more! I love zucchini bread. So yummy!

Btw....the spider was harmless. Thank goodness and I guess she didn't like our house too much because she only stayed one day.

stephanie said...

Kristen is looking better and better. Your garden sounds lovely. Wish I had room in my yard for some veggies.