I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Walk in the Park


Finally it stopped raining! I decided Kristen needed to get out more...what could be better than a walk in the park? I was thinking she needed some of the great vitamin D the sun had to offer so off we went. At first she wasn't too keen on the idea but with some prodding from her sisters she finally agreed. Once she got there she pretty much laughed the entire time. She doesn't know it, but I think we will do this almost every day or at least every other. So far summer has been busy. Ryan is playing baseball for Alta so it seems we spend at least 3 nights a week at the ball park. It is nice to be able to go and watch him play. I missed the entire football season last fall as Kristen and I spent our time in the hospital. Next week Richard turns 50! I have been trying to come up with a fun Birthday surprise or party or something. It is surprising how fast life comes flying back at you. I so wanted normalcy back in my life and now that it is here staring me in the face it can be a little scary. I never want to get caught in the business of daily life that I forget how precious life is and how quick it can change. Every where you look people are rushing here and there and giving little thought or notice to the many needs there are in the world, in their own city, their own neighborhoods and even in their own families. I am blessed to have sweet Kristen in my life. She keeps us all grounded and helps us realize what is important in life. Although she is feeling better she struggles to get her strength back. She tires easily if I get her out too much. Hopefully her strength will continue to increase with each day.

I can tell you one thing...Kristen is happy!

13 comments:

Heather said...

I never knew how much I missed the sun until Zoey was diagnosed.I appreciate that,and so much more,all because of the journey we travel with our also,very happy girl.Enjoy these magical days!

Cammie Heflin said...

Sunshine always does the soul good!

Heidi said...

It's so great to see her outside and enjoying the little bits of sunshine we have had. She looks great! Hopefully you have a fantastic, normal summer. Talk to you soon!

Lexi said...

I dont know where you find the strength, you or your family and daughter. I hope that the third times the charm and that she has a normal and beautiful life, for she is a beautiful and remarkable girl. God bless you and be with you.
-Alexis Shuster

Mohamed said...

Be the sky above you,
Blue soft be the road below you,
Affection be the breeze around you,
I pray all the happiness surrounds you

Lily said...

Love this blog! Thanks for stopping by Lily's blog. Have you been involved with the UDSF at all? I try to remember everyone, but with close to 1000 kids with Ds in Utah (well on the UDSF list) I don't know everyone. I could know your family and I'm just having a brain freeze too :-)

Lacey said...

I am quite far behind with everything with Jax. I would love some help. I can either give you the material and you can crochet it. Let me know were you are.

Dawn said...

Hey I just found your blog from Jaxson's Fight. I wanted to say hey and your girl is a true miracle. And beautiful at that. I'm the one behind the Jaxson fundraiser. let me know if you ever need anything.

Jeana said...

Kristen is so brave, so amazing. Thanks for all your comments and support, and especially your example.

Michelle said...

I am so glad you got Kristen out!! Got her laughing, got back to doing 'normal' things again! It's amazing what nature can do for all of us...escaping to the outdoors brings so much with it. I hope she laughs every single day!

Mandy Buntjer said...

What a beautiful girl!! I found your blog from Jaxsons fight. My blog is luckynumber21.blogspot My little guy with Down Syndrome is 5! Are you involved with the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation? If you want to be on our mailing list for fun events, I am the new S.L.C. President, and would love to meet your family! Thanks, Mandy

Lacey said...

Email me at laceyrugg@hotmail.com and I will tell you what I need. Thanks again.

Jeana said...

I don't want to take your tickets from you, but if you really want to give them to me I will. That is really nice of you. What can I do in return?