I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Off to the Clinic...

I have been waiting for this clinic visit for about a month. I've become obsessive wanting to know what her blood counts are. Her last clinic visit I expected her counts to be higher than they were so this time I expected to be blown out of the water, but no...still a little low. The doctors are perfectly fine with her numbers, it is just me being obsessive. To those who understand the whole number game...Platelets were 111 and ANC just barely above 1000. I guess I am expecting too much. I just want NORMAL. Today Dr. Fluchel (one of our favorites!) said that Kristen's chemo was very intense and with some patients it can take a year before they are back to "life before cancer." Kristen had to have a finger poke for the blood test and she was truly amazing! She also had to have a shot...again she was amazing! Just a little "Owie" came from her and then she gathered up her purse and said, 'Let's go!"
Once again thanks to my family and friends who continue to check on us.
And a little prayer for
Kristen and all her
Friends who are truly angels inspiring us all.


Kristen and Kamie at the clinic


Last Saturday Kristen sat on the swing at her grandma and grandpa's house
while I mowed their lawn

Kim turned 19 on Sunday. Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Nef Family said...

I was so excited to see you join on our blog for Amanda. Having a three time survivor support us is honorable. By the way, we crossed paths at clinic today and didn't know it!
Have to let you know that her picture up on the hospital floor made me smile many times while we were inpatient. I was so excited to put a name to the face. My brother had downs syndrome and a picture of anybody with downs makes me think of him and smile. She is darling! Her journey through cancer is amazing and inspiring. Hang in there and thanks again for finding us. Hope to meet you someday!

Amanda's Mom

Lacey said...

I would be worring about counts to. Just because you've done that for so long. It will be hard to break.

ABandCsMom said...

I'm right along side you. I worry about Carly's counts constantly. I don't think there will ever be a day that I'm not worried. I wish for that day to come, but truth be told. I'm a worry wart.

I think that Kristen is quite the trooper!

stephanie said...

Praying for Kristens counts to come up and for peace of mind for all. So glad she is doing well.

Heather said...

Clinic brings such anxiety.Waiting for labs and then scanning the page for the important stuff!!Zoey has her first post chemo visit Monday and it should be interesting.she has always taken awhile to recover and I am anxious to see where she is at.Kristen looks great.You sound great and life right now is ... great.She is a fighter that angel of yours and I for one am inspired by her each time I come by.