I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Flyover and Shopping...




This week is Air Force Week in Salt Lake City. Yesterday there were a couple of flyovers that were to say the least... LOUD. Kristen was upstairs and every time they would fly over she would yell down the stairs,
"Are you OK?"

This week is a big birthday for 2 of my grandkids, Jordan and Ellie were both born on the same day and they will be 2. Kamie and I took Kristen to Red Balloon to find gifts. Kristen was in a good mood and had fun shopping. We then stopped at the grocery store and we were standing in line and she wasn't looking so good. I asked her if she was OK and she said she wanted to wait in the car. I think I may have over did it just a little.

We are all enjoying the nice weather. Kristen seems to be taking small tiny baby steps at getting her strength back but I can say that she is definately going forward!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

I heard those flyovers to. How cute that she asks if everyone is ok.

Nicki Christensen Swilor said...

Happy birthday kiddos!

stephanie said...

We live on the landing route for the airport, Kristen would be busy all day at my house making sure everyone was ok. I think that is so sweet, I'm glad she is improving. Happy birthday to your grandkids!

Michelle said...

So glad things are starting to feel 'normal' again...I pray they stay that way forever!