I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

do I dare say it...


I think Kristen is feeling better! She has been teasing me...that is a sure sign. 3 of my daughters are training for a marathon so today they ran from my house to my mom's house. It is probably about 8 miles, So I loaded up the kids and Kristen and we drove over to pick them up. It was good to get Kristen out of the house for a couple on hours today. Her favorite place to be in the entire world is HOME! Sometimes she fights me a little when I need to go somewhere, but today she was happy to load up with the kiddies and drive to grandmas.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I want to absolutely make sure my daughter and I meet up with your girls at the marathon.Will you and Kristen be going?So glad she seems to be feeling better with each day that passes.Zoey and I feel so free just being able to take the boys to swimming lessons in the fresh air.Zoey loves home but she so loves outdoors and people.Feels good to be getting back into a routine again.I am sure you feel the same.Praying for Kristen and her continued road to .... better days!

My name is Sarah said...

So happy Kristen is feeling better.

Nef Family said...

I'm sure everybody feels better when she does! That's how it goes in our house.

Thank you so much for your comments about your pregnancies and past experience. I too have felt that I'm choosing one child over the other. It's been a very lonely feeling. You've been through a lot, but if it means anything, it is rather inspiring to me and is helping me get through it!

stephanie said...

So glad Kristen is feeling better.Must be great for her to start to feel like doing things again.