I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

One of Her Favorite Things...


Kristen loves to go to the dollar store with her Grandpa. This is something she wasn't able to do during the last 7 months, so when Grandpa called she was excited to meet him there. Kristen gets her own shopping cart and she pretty much goes up and down every aisle. She loves paper..did I mention she loves paper...So she stocked the cart with plenty of paper, markers and whatever else looked fun. I am pretty sure we even ended up with some paper plates. She also likes to choose something for her neices and nephews. Grandpa was lucky as he escaped spending less than 20$. A trip to the dollar store...one more step back to normalcy.

4 comments:

ABandCsMom said...

Yay Kristen! Happy to hear you got to the Dollar Store. Carly loves the Dollar Store too. Actually, she loves every store!

Lacey said...

yeah, you never thought the dollar store would seem normal. How cool.

stephanie said...

I love the dollor store, so do my kids... I'd say Grandpa got off pretty easy,with less than a $20 bill.Bet it was the best trip yet.So glad Kristen is able to do some of the things she has been missing.

Kacey Bode said...

This is my first time to the blog! I will definetly be back. Kristen you are an amazing fighter and quite the inspiration!!!