I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend











Earlier in the week I took my mom to Ephraim to put flowers on the graves of her mom and grandparents. Kristen said she didn't want to go so i let her stay with Katy for the day. She had fun at Katy's house. Katy commented how sweet Kristen is and what a good feeling it is to have her in her home. For the rest of the weekend we mostly worked in the yard. The grand kids came over and we went through the field to Grandmas house. Kristen was tired by 4pm. She went upstairs and put on her nightgown then she came back down and raided the fridge of cokes. She loves to sit in my bed and watch tv and drink coke...sounds like the life. Some days I think she feels pretty good, but other days she just doesn't feel like doing anything. Her blood counts are still a bit low and the docs did say it would take 3 to 6 months before she was feeling good. I patiently wait and let her make the calls as to what she feels she can do. Life seems to be getting back in the normal feel of things. Life is picking up the pace. We planted a garden and things are coming up. The flowers are in and the yard is starting to come together. We have been working on Kristen's room. We are almost ready to paint. We re-finished her dresser and Kamie bought Kristen a new chandelier. I'll post pics when we are finished. Thanks to everyone who continues to check in on Kristen!
Richard brought the horse in the yard and let Jordan sit on it, he really wasn't too thrilled. We have puppies! Sage had 2 pups about 4 weeks ago. This is Cody taking them for a ride. So that makes 4 dogs, 1 bunny and 2 horses.

4 comments:

Jana said...

sounds like a fun weekend. pretty soon you won't have to make the trip to Ephraim just for Memorial Day, you can come visit me and hopefully Kim!! oh 214 days till Christmas.

My name is Sarah said...

Sarah and I just found your blog. What a year Kristen has had. Such a fighter and an inspiration. We are happy to hear that she has turned the corner and will be back having fun this summer. We look forward to reading more about you and your family.

ABandCsMom said...

I've been reading through your blog. Wow, what a journey Kristen has been on. She is remarkable without a doubt.

I was wondering, maybe I overlooked it, but what type of leukemia has Kristen had?

Nicki Christensen Swilor said...

I didn't even notice the puppies in the dump truck at first. CUTE!

PS Cool girls love Coke!