I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Kristen!



Kristen loves her birthday! She also loves tradition. For the past many years for her birthday party she has chosen to go see a movie, or go bowling and of course lunch. This year she has been waiting to see the Hannah Montana Movie. Since her birthday fell on Sunday we planned to go to the movie and lunch on Saturday. I was still a little nervous to take her out in public, but I decided to take my Clorox wipes and Avaguard and it would be ok. She woke up Saturday and I told her we were going to the movie and all her friends who are also her cousins were coming too. She looked at me and said, “I can’t …I’m sick.” The little muffin touches my heart! So we bagged the movie at least for now. Each day since then I have asked her if she is feeling like going to the movie and so far no luck. Sunday turned out to be a great day. She was so excited. We decorated the kitchen with a "Happy Birthday" sign and balloons. She was excited to open her presents but she wanted to wait until everyone was home. Rich was at church, Kamie was working and Kim and Ryan were still in bed. She finally did open them and she was happy. I think getting her a karaoke machine might have been a mistake. She has sung her guts out for 3 days and wow, is she loud! We had dinner at my mom's house and then later that night all of her cousins, aunts and uncles came over. She was too tired to stay in up till 7 she went up to my bed and everyone went up to see her and give her a gift. She was loving all the attention. Her grandma made her a darling pink quilt so I have decided to paint her room and see if I can get her moved out of my room and back into her own room SOON! I have to tell you that there was a time a few months ago that I thought she wouldn't see another birthday. I was a bit teary throughout the day. I am so thankful that she was healed and is finally starting to feel a little better. I still struggle with what lies ahead. I know the next few months are going to be tough. Pray that she will keep producing healthy cells and not those leukemia ones. For today...I will take one day at a time and rejoice in the blessings staring at me in the face!

5 comments:

Lacey said...

Happy Birthday Kristen. I'm sorry you didn't feel well enough to go to a movie. Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTEN!!!!! I hope you get to see that movie REALLY soon!

Michelle said...

Happy birthday Kristen. You hang in there and get strong and healthy again and know that so many people are praying for you always!!

Judy ~ My Front Porch said...

Happy birthday to your most precious daughter!

This is my first visit to your blog...and what a touching place it is. I will be praying for you all...in whatever lies ahead.

charlotte said...

thankyou for your comment on my blog. i just had to come by for a a visit and see how kristen was doing only to discover, IT"S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!!
i sure hope that you feel better soon, but most of all i pray that you can feel God's love for you in a real special way until you are well again!