I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter 2009









Kristen loves holidays! Kristen couldn't be out around crowds, so we kept her home but we still did all the fun things she likes to do. We made Easter cookies, colored eggs, and we went to Grandma C's for dinner and a Easter egg hunt. My mom came and sat with Kristen and all the rest of us went to church. It has been a long time since we were all at church together. It would have been even better to have Kristen there. Kristen is still trying hard to get her strength back. The doctor told me not to expect too much during the first 3 months after treatment. She likes to go up to bed around 6 or 7. Saturday I didn't have the eggs ready to color until about 8, I tried to get her to come down to color eggs but she was too weak. She asked if I could bring some upstairs for her to color. Believe it or not...I took Easter egg dye to my room and let her color some eggs. She has taken over my bed! Kristen likes to see her nieces and nephews, they met us at my moms house for the hunt. They all looked so cute in their new Easter clothes.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter. Kristen is looking good...love the pink and yellow! Hope this week goes well for all of you...happy Easter!