I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Katy





I can't believe that my oldest daughter, Katy, turns 28 today! I must be old! I don't feel old. First a bit about Katy...She is the best daughter any mom could ask for. She is kind, thoughtful, beautiful, a very good cook, creative, organized and world's best mommy. She has 3 adorable children. Katy always puts the kids first in her life. She seems to always have something FUN planned. For her Birthday today all the girls (my 4 daughters, my daughter in law and my mom ) went to the Gateway and had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. It was yummy! We even took Kristen. She loves going to lunch and hasn't been out for many months. She loves to spend time with her sisters and her grandma. It has been a good day. I am waiting to hear from the Oncology Clinic concerning Kristen's bone marrow test that was done on Monday. I am hoping that no news is good news. I'll let you know as soon as I know!

1 comment:

Heather said...

We so love CPK!What a fun outing ... and with Kristen too!!How wonderful.Kristen looks great and before you know it she will have regained her strength and life will return to,dare I say,normal.Or some version of that.Zoey is right on the heels of Kristen.One more round.The big one.Terrified but ready.Her marrow is in good recovery but her ANC is lagging so we are a few weeks out from treatment.What an inspiration Kristen is.I know you never wanted to be but .. it comes with the territory I suppose.I for one am glad to have found you and your precious child.She is my hope.Zoey's future.Thank you for sharing her with us.