I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Counts Already Fallling!








Usually it takes a week to 10 days after chemo for Kristen's counts to fall, so this morning when the nurse practitioner came in and said, "We are going to give Kristen 2 units of blood today," I said, 'HUH?" Just a day and half ago her white count was 2.3, her crit was 29 and her ANC was still up at 2300. Well today her white count was .1 that's right .1, and her crit was 22 and her ANC big fat 0! Are you kidding? Get me a copy of those counts! I told the nurse and she was right! So It took 6 hours to get both units of blood in and Kristen did great. Now I'm thinking, it must have been the new chemo that made the counts drop practically over night. I am now wondering, Hummmm, how long till they come up? In the past when she is hit with intense chemo the bone marrow is suppressed longer. I give up trying to figure it out. All I can say is we will be here until her counts come up. Kristen has not felt good for the past 2 days. Her stomach is way sick, if you know what I mean. She has had a few visits from her sisters and even 2 of her nieces. They make her happy. Ricky, Lisa, Jordan and Sara have been here too. Ricky always brings me Dr. Pepper and my favorite candy. Ryan made the baseball team at Alta! He is so excited. Now he just has to keep his grades up. They practice every day after school from 3 until 7. All I can say is Wow! By the way, I have the most amazing family ever, Kristen and I could never do this without all their support. Thanks!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I guess the last round is a doozy!!Knock it out of the park is what I say!There certainly is a magic about having a large family.The emotional and physical support carries you through the days.Zoey's ANC this time is taking FOREVER to rise.These kids decide to once again do things in their own unique way.We have kids that started AFTER us and they have either caught up to us in rounds or passed us.A little frustrating but the doctors assure me that Zoey will tell us in her own time ... like everything.Wishing you an uneventful rest of the stay.Praying that counts don't take a ton of time to recover and praying for that sweet girl of yours ... the end is near.

Nicki Christensen Swilor said...

Good news! I would love to come see you guys. I work downtown and could take Trax and I'm sure walk to where I need to go. Let me know if that would be ok. I love your updates! I'll bet she's loving her hair coming back. How exciting! I want to buy her some bows/headbands. How fun! Thanks for the updates. Seriously, let me know when a good time to visit would be. Maybe Kelli would meet me up there. That would be fun!