I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Here We Go Again...


Tomorrow we are due to be at Primary Children's Medical Center to begin round 5 of chemo. We were susposed to go in last week but of all things, the pharmacy didn't have the drugs and couldn't get them until tomorrow. Must be some drug. I'm not looking forward to this at all, but one good thing...this is our last round of treatment! I was told to plan on 4-6 weeks in the hospital as long as Kristen doesn't get a fever or an infection. We are hoping all goes smooth. Kristen is not excited to be going back. I think I will have to bribe her and stop at Target on the way in and let her pick a couple of movies. Usually when we go to the hospital she chooses a movie called "Summer Magic." It is an old Disney movie with Haley Mills. It is a cute movie, but Kristen wants to watch it every night before she goes to sleep, I think I have it memorized word for word. It's funny that she never watches it when we are home, just when we are in the hospital. I best go pack and i'll let you know how the new chemo goes. Say a little prayer for her!





3 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

We'll be praying it goes well!

Nicki Christensen Swilor said...

Good luck you'll be in our prayers!

PS The laundry room is still out back between the duplexes. haha Funny that you remember.

Lacey said...

Hi there, nice to meet you. We are praying everything goes well. We will be up at PCMC on Wednsday the 11th.