I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day!!!

When I said that we were going to party...I meant it! So I have this tradition that every Valentines day I make each of my kids a large sugar cookie with their name on it. Each year I have a few more cookies to make as my fam is getting bigger all the time. There is fifteen of us this year...me and a husband, 6 kids, 2 are married so 2 more and 5 grand kids, then Kamie and Kim have a friend who are boys and they are here all the time so they are pretty much like family. So that is 17, then I decided to make each grandma and grandpa one so that is 21. Knowing that I only have about 10 days left till Kristen and I have to check back into the PCMC Hotel (The hospital) I really didn't want to spend extra time doing things like baking all day. But at the same time I couldn't let go of my tradition, so I did what any other good stay at home mom would do...I called the bakery at Dan's and ordered 3 dozen plain heart sugar cookies. Of course I kept them hid and yesterday I snuck them out and decorated them! It was amazing! I still had a mess in the kitchen but it was nothing compared to what it could have been. Can you tell I am feelin a bit guilty about the whole thing? I'll get over it soon I hope. On Friday Kim had this great idea to make Kristen a Valentine box. You know the ones we all made in grade school? So remember Kim is 18...She made herself a list, asked for 10 bucks and off to Michaels she went. She came home with a bag full of red, pink and white tissue paper along with glitter and some glue. Kim sat on the kitchen floor for at least 3 hours working on the box. She had Kristen help her with painting and sticking the tissue paper on. I told Kim it was good she didn't have any plans today. She agreed and we both sat there and laughed. Soon the box was finished and both Kim and Kristen were pleased as punch. Kristen signed her name on all of her valentines for her cousins, then we stuffed them with candy. Kristen had a fun day getting many valentines from many sweet friends and family. One day last week my sister, Kelli stopped by with a new pair of cozy flannel pajamas for Kristen and I. She read my previous post and thought that while we were home we should be able to wear our pajamas as much as we wanted. And believe me, I have. If the door bell rings at noon you might find me still in my pajamas. Kristen loves Hannah Montana. My nephews wife Nicki brought Kristen a cute Hannah Montana pillow. Her mom fills those machines (you know the ones at the stores where you try to win an animal or something) with animals and other prizes. She came across the Hannah Montana pillow and thought of Kristen. Every one has been so nice! Thank You everyone! We still have a roller coaster ride ahead of us and Kristen still has some hills to climb. So Say a little prayer for her!







No comments: