I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, January 23, 2009

We want to go HOME!!!!!

It is so sad! Kristen sits over there in her bed and kinda does a little cry and says, "I wanna go home!" Then I have to crawl into her bed and cuddle with her and tell her, "Kristen, we still need some more medicine, we can't go yet." Then she is fine for a little while, then we start all over again. It makes it hard cause Kristen can't leave her hospital room if her ANC is below 500. It's always below 500! So she can't even go out for a walk. Yesterday my niece, Heidi brought her girls in to visit Kristen. Kristen loves visitors! Heidi almost cried as she told Kristen what an example of bravery she is to her. The nurses tell me all the time that the pediatric cancer patients are so amazing. They are all brave and so full of hope. If Kristen could talk better I am sure she would tell you that she is going to beat this cancer. Kristen just can't wait till our days of spending months in the hospital are over. She so wants to get back to her old life. She wants things to be normal again. I really miss my kids! It is hard not being home for Ryan when he wakes up in the morning and when he comes home from school. I miss making sure all the kids are in bed and tucking them in. I miss seeing my married kids and the grandkids. I am probably losing status of favorite Grandma! I can't believe I'm about to say this... But I miss making dinner every night for my family and (Hurry bite my tongue!) I miss cleaning my house! I miss doing laundry! K I'll stop whining and feeling sorry for myself. Kristen and I are going to bed...Say a little prayer for her!

1 comment:

Nicki Christensen Swilor said...

You are such a good mom. You are right where you need to be and I'm sure your family knows that. Things will soon be back to normal and you will still be the favorite Grandma! If you saw them everyday you'd be old news. You are in our prayers.