I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Peach FUZZ!!!

Yip, I can see it! Kristen has peach fuzz all over her head. Of course it is blonde so you have to get at an angle to see it. Her hair is coming back! I do realize that she just had extra high doses of chemo which of course, one of the side effects is hair loss so if I notice little nubbies on her pillow then I'll know it is again falling out. But it is nice to see that things are working like they should. We finished chemo on Sunday and it is now thursday and her counts still haven't hit 0. I think it is going to be a while. So we will be here for another ????? Who knows? Two days ago Kristen had a bloody nose and of course her platlets were low so she had a transfusion. Her eyes started turning red, which is also a side effect of the chemo, so she went back on eye drops every three hours. That is really great in the middle of the night, you just fall asleep and it is time for something else...vitals...bathroom...eyedrops... and then there is the lovely beeping coming from the IV pole. Great times

No comments: