I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Kristen is Amazing!!!

Kristen has been amazing through all this! She truly is an angel. She is our princess! When she was born I remember Richard saying that she is a blessing to our family and that she will help us keep our feet on the ground and help us to always remember what is important. Kristen is not here to be tested like all of us, she is here to do the testing. She already has her place in Heaven. It is hard for me to understand why she has to suffer. I know that she possibly made this decision before she came here. But it still doesn't make sense that someone like has to suffer so much. I know that she has been blessed these pass few months. I know that there are angels watching over her (because she tells me "The angels made me better!"). I also know that she is a fighter and she does not want to die! I know this because she told me a few months ago, "I don't wanna Die!" She has done some things the past few months that I thought she could never do again in her life. She remembers the last 2 time she had leukemia and she never wanted to go through it again. I know it is through many prayers that she has been able to do the hard things that she has done. Just being here in the hospital and going through all the treatments, the surgeries, the tests and laying in that bed for 3 to 6 weeks at a time has been amazing. She doesn't like it but somehow she has been able to do it with dignity. She is a beautiful little lady! Rubbing her little bald head is one of my favorite things to do. And one of her favorite things to do is to stick her tongue out at me. Yes, that's right, she blames me for the bad stuff and I don't mind taking the blame. She still wants me with her 24/7 and i feel it a privilege to take care of her.
But...if the truth were know,
she is taking care of me!

No comments: