I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, September 26, 2008

longest elevator ride of my life!!!!!

Kristen is on the 4th floor of the childrens hospital in Salt Lake City. After being here with her for many days, I got the chance to leave for a few hours today. My daughter, Kamie, came to sit with Kristen while I ran home to pack my suit case with clean clothes. I got on the elevator and 3 people followed me, an older woman (who am I kidding? she was probably my age!) and girl and a boy in their early 20's. The boy reminded me of my nephew Ty, only he was shorter and a little more stout. He was a nice looking boy, maybe an earring, somewhat spiked hair, so maybe a little rough. The guy said to the lady that was probably his mom, "I've never felt like this in my whole life!" Then the tears came. His mom replied, "I know, but that is why your family is kicking in." The guy continued to sob. Then off course me, thinking of my own plight, with my suit case full of dirty clothes, my daughter deathly ill down the hall, I began to cry. Yeah I really did, right there on the elevator, tears were rolling down my face. I was crying for myself, but also for the guy in the elevator. It was obvious that he too had a child that was here in the hospital that was suffering, i felt for a moment that we had a connection. A connection that I wish neither of us had. We each had a child laying in pain. And there was nothing we could do about it! NOTHING!!!!! It is the worst feeling in the world! He said it right when he said, "I've never felt like this in my life!! and i hope I never feel like this again! And i wish no parent ever has to feel the pain me and the stranger in the elevator feel today.

No comments: