I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Life is going on without me!!!


So all the things that i thought mattered so much, like a clean house, laundry finished, errands ran, lawn mowed, dinner at 5:00, the flower beds weeded and watered... well guess what? The things that seemed to consume my every waking moment didn't really matter at all. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since my fears were confirmed. The leukemia had returned, and Kristen's pale skin, unexplained bruises, loss of appetite and loss of energy were all the symptoms I tried to ignore. September 8th we got the news that the blood tests concluded that she did indeed have leukemia. Up until 3 weeks ago my life was consumed with being the perfect wife and mom and grandma. It has been three weeks since I have watered the flowers that I love so much that surround my yard. 3 weeks since I made dinner for my family. 3 weeks since I dusted the piano, vacuumed the living room, or mowed the lawn. I left the hospital for a hour or two yesterday and just so you know...my family isn't starving, the lawn is mowed and the flowers are the prettiest they have been all summer! Yeah, I have the most amazing husband and children! And yes, i have taught them to cook, clean, do laundry and work in the yard. One of those moments in life that pays off for a mom...I walk into the house after being gone on and off for three weeks and the dishes are done, the living room dusted and even the toilets are clean! Up until three weeks ago I thought I was the only one that could keep my flowers alive! But I was wrong! Somewhere we have to let others step up to the plate and swing the bat for us. It might be a very hard thing to, but they need the opportunity to hit the ball and run the bases and feel the prize of accomplishment! Richard, Katy, Rick, Kamie, Kim & Ryan.....You make a great team! Love your most adoring cheerleader, mom

No comments: